I can't think of anything much better than this morning: playing "mommy and baby lions" while we started the laundry, helping my delighted children to paint, stamp and glue, and sitting down to a bowl of homemade ham and bean soup for lunch. Thank you Lord, for the joy of small pleasures!
241. Legs pumping, face grinning - finally riding his two-wheeled bike.
242. Long afternoon nap - gift from my husband.
243. Family fun: out for dessert then to Dinosaur Hill.
244. Jesus: the Pearl of great price
245. Jesus: all-powerful Conqueror
246. Jesus: wonderful Counselor, Prince of Peace
247. First snow's excitement: hot cocoa and snow angels.
248. Freshly ironed shirts hung in the closet.
249. Happy, content children at play.
250. Rosy cheeks and sledding fun.
251. Kicks and hiccups within.
252. Being greeted by smiles of many colors: Indian, Japanese, Russian, Liberian.
253. My husband's paycheck.
254. Honest conversation about salvation among unbelievers.
255. Isaac's intent focus when he's really learning.
256. Piles of presents, attractively wrapped, a chance to give.
257. Holiday plans and a Thanksgiving tree - teaching the kids to give thanks.
258. Surprise flowers and ice cream from my husband.
259. Little arms carrying shoeboxes full of love-gifts thoughtfully chosen.
260. Plenty of food to fill hungry tummies.
261. The supremacy of Christ.
262. Alabaster broken, love-gift recklessly bestowed.
263. Opportunities to extend grace.
264. Christmas shared.
265. "Mama, what can I give Jesus for His birthday?"
266.: Abby: thank you Jesus for my name.
267. Isaac: thank you Jesus for my monkey.
268. Spirit in me.
269. Day after day, seemingly the same, yet they lead me somewhere . . . or more importantly, to Someone.
270. A beautiful Savior, worthy of all my most heartfelt love, truest devotion, fervent desire.
271. Coming home to the family I love.
272. New laptop, "new" minivan - undeserved good gifts.
273. Daddy-day, complete with duck feeding, for my kiddos.
274. Encouraging words from a dear friend, "You're doing a good job."
275. Impromptu pizza party after church.
276. Sunshine following a day of gray.