Tuesday, October 28, 2008

What we eat for breakfast

For the first three years of our marriage my husband and I ate cold cereal just about every. single. morning. About a year ago I decided we needed more variety, so I developed a list of breakfasts I can prepare in ten minutes or less. We don't have a set meal rotation - I just make whatever I feel like eating each morning. But I've definitely enjoyed having more options and I think eating more protein most mornings helps us feel full longer! I thought I'd share in case you're looking for ideas. And yes, we are pretty boring in that we have bananas and orange juice with our breakfast just about every. single. morning.

Cold cereal with milk
Quick oatmeal with milk, brown sugar and raisins
Scrambled eggs and toast
French toast
Fried egg and cheese bagel sandwiches
Toasted leftover homemade waffles

On Saturdays we alternate between:
Pancakes
Waffles
Omelets

You can find other great ideas at Works for Me Wednesday! Also, be sure to check out my GIVEAWAY!

6 comments:

Kathy said...

You are right - it's easy to fall into the cereal trap. I love it when I have left over waffles to pop into the toaster. Thanks!

Wani said...

thanks for sharing. I love breakfast food but we don't often have a full spread like I'd like to. I'll have to get motivated some morning soon!! Thanks!

seasonal_learner said...

Yum. fried egg and bagel sandwiches. I'll have to add that to my rotation. (came over from RIMD)

Genny said...

I love easy breakfast ideas, especially because we are usually in a hurry in the morning. Thanks!

queenoftheclick said...

I'll be over in the morning for breakfast on Saturday!

Steph at Problem Solvin' Mom said...

Great list! I like making an omelet casserole or big batch of pancakes on the weekend so I have enough left over to stretch a few days into the week too.

I love my cereal at night when I just want a little snack ;)

I'm a chemical engineer too, your profile comments made me smile.

Blessings,
Steph