Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Wednesday

Wednesdays are a bit of a break for me - especially since my mom watches the kids for me from 10:30-12:30! I use that time to run random errands that need to get done, but it is such a blessing that I don't have to drag the kids along with me. Today I went to the bank, the post office, the bread wholesaler and the discount grocery store.

Before she comes, the kids help me with a couple of little chores, like emptying the wastebaskets or unloading the dishwasher. We often use Wednesday mornings to tackle a little project, like cleaning the patio area or making granola bars. This morning we transferred all of the kids' winter clothes (hand-me-downs and yard sale finds) from storage boxes to their drawers. It's starting to feel like fall around here!

During the kids' naps I don't have a set agenda for Wednesdays. I always have things that need to get done - like paying bills or writing thank you notes. There are also always a few projects in the works - sewing or preschool planning or whatever. Wednesdays are nice catch-up days: if the cleaning didn't quite get finished on Tuesday, there's time to tackle it on Wednesday.

What works for you? To see what my other days of the week look like, click here:
Tuesday
Monday

2 comments:

steph said...

Starting to feel like fall... don't I wish. It's been 90 and humid the last few days. I like my fall clothes much better than summer, at least for teaching!

..and we're off! said...

I dug out Ethan's fall stuff as well. It is fun to see what I have bought in the past months at garage sales. It is feeling fallish around here too and I'm really enjoying it.