Thanks to Amy at http://humblemusings.com for this neat idea.
1. I used to think (when I was three or four) that before I could be a "grown-up" I had to know everthing there was to know. Now I'm glad that there's so much more to learn.
2. I used to think that I was ready to get married - at the age of ten. Now I'm not so sure I'm ready, yet here I am!
3. I used to think (when I was a teen) that I had overcome all the sin in my life. Now I know I have the deadliest monster yet to slay - pride.
4. I used to think I had myself to congratulate for making an excellent "decision for Christ". Now I know that I would be lost without His grace and mercy.
5. I used to think that because I had a delightful, easy childhood, my whole life would be easy. Now I taste the sorrow of my baby gone ahead of me to heaven.
6. I used to think I would never paint a room unless someone forced me to. Then I got a cute little house with walls crying out for color. I painted the whole thing uncoerced.
7. I used to think I wouldn't have time to read when I had little kids. Now I know the magic of early bedtimes for those little ones, and I read more than I did in college.
8. I used to think I would never stop playing the piano, even when I had little kids. Now I know that it's really hard to play with two little kids on your lap.
9. I used to think I had to feel God to know Him. Now I know that I love to feel Him, but I often love Him more deeply when I have to cling to the One I don't feel.
10. I used to think I knew what I wanted. Now I know what I deserve, and everything I get is FAR better than that. Thanks be to God!