I find that I have not updated my gift list in nearly a month. I write nearly every day in my personal journal, but have gotten behind in transferring my thoughts to this blog. What joy it brings to look back over a month's worth of gratitude! How good is our God and how truly blessed I am!
I refer you to http://aholyexperience.com to read Ann's much more poetically-written "1000 Gift List".
45. "Blessed is the man You choose and cause to approach You." Psalm 65:4
46. Warm sun on my face, promise of spring in the air.
47. Crossed off items on my to-do list and a corresponding sense of accomplishment.
48. Gift cards - buying something we need and spending nothing out of pocket.
49. Delight and excitement of a two-year-old as he finally learns to pedal his bike.
50. A gracious husband: "Take some time to yourself. I've got the kids."
51. Isaac sitting a row behind us in church with our gracious, "practically family" friends.
52. A small enough church family that visitors can be immediately recognized and welcomed.
53. Young couples at church: new friends with whom to share life.
54. Waking up to the alarm only to realize the clock was set incorrectly and I have an hour left to sleep.
55. Freezer dinners: allowing me to play outside all afternoon with my kids.
56. Charming little buttons that perfectly match pretty flowered fabric for Abby's new little sundress.
57. Whole household sleeping in until 7am not one but TWO weekend mornings!
58. A big table to accomodate twenty-four Easter guests over the span of two weekend dinners.
59. Christ is risen! He is risen indeed!
60. Being awakened by shouts of "Hallelujah! Praise the Lord" coming from two-year-old lips.
61. Ben and Jerry's half-baked ice cream, a present from my hubby.
62. "My flesh and my heart fail; But God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever." Psalm 73:26
63. Free coffee at Starbucks if you bring in a used kid's book!
64. A sweet, spunky Christian babysitter for my kids.
65. Out of the blue phone call from my bro - just to chat.
66. Snowflakes magically descending under porch light. Delighted babyfaces upturned, tongues extended. Two year old inquiry, "Wanna stay out and watch for a minute?"
67. Angels surrounding a travelling vehicle. Phone call from husband travelling icy out-of-state roads, "Safe so far."
68. Mercies new every morning.
69. Wisdom for the asking.